Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Futuring 2

EPIC 2015
To me, EPIC 2015 was a bunch of gobbdiddlygoop. Certainly it has a point as to an increased use and reliance on technology. In every classroom, I see computers where the students can access the internet and search for information. This never ever would have been imagined when I was in high school. (I didn't even hardly know how to use a computer until I was a sophomore/junior in college.)

The clip mentioned that podcasts allow people to communicate their own thoughts and music to others. According to EPIC 2015, it predicts that this will eventually lead to no newspaper medial as we have today. Instead, news-owned by Googlezon-would be given by individuals.

I don't see it because journalism is a profession and I think it will change to the times. Also, I think that it wouldn't make us as reliable on computers if we didn't want to be. To me, it all seems kind of odd and (yawn) a little boring. Too much information and worse too much bogus information. But it still should be able to be used WISELY in the classroom. In what way? I don't know.

No comments: