Thursday, August 2, 2012

Storytelling Rubric

I produced my storytelling rubric, which I like to keep simple. It's important, esp. when students do the assessing, that I follow the KISS guidelines. So I use 3 qualitative assessment points or traits-1) understanding, 2) planning, and 3) presentation. I think that these are the key points. Also, I think that it's nice to have qualitative assessment of it by teacher and students. This gives wiggle room. As far as I'm concerned, if a students don't like their grades, they can argue why it should be better and I am willing to listen and change the grade. This is a very good learning opportunity for both student and teacher although it can be rather time intensive. I give each of the three traits and equal weight of 10 points, which is easy for students to grade and understand. (How is it 1 through 10?)

The document can be found and read on my Google Docs at the following link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S61aomiKCm-ZET7mE4b6EA453DuOP0JCDYof7hMJLJI/edit

No comments: